The Week in Review for 14 Jan 2011
Fri. 14 Jan 2011. 7:41 am
What did we do and find out this week?
- While looking for background information and photographs for “Gleanings From A Lifetime” I found the location, and then requested photographs from a local volunteer, of the cemetery markers for Leone’s father and some of her Dolan aunts and uncles. I also found a website with a number of photographs of the (“modernized”) original buildings in Sylvania, Ohio that Leone mentions in her manuscript.
What’s planned for next week?
- Continue to go back through my sources and see if any information has been added to other people’s data.
- Continue to do back-up research for “Gleanings From A Lifetime” and “Into The Heart Of Darkness”.
- Another installment for “Into The Heart of Darkness”.
- Another installment for “Gleanings From A Lifetime”.
- Optional – a look back at an earlier post to see how the information may have changed.
- Optional – a bit of background information on the Flying Tigers, the Burma Road, Kunming China and Stephan Delcourt.
- I added photographs of the 1916 passport application for Ethel Evelyn (Norman) Newport.
- I continued to update the information on The Side Isle secure website.
- Please remember this is a work-in-progress and, as such, there are a lot of inaccuracies and missing data. Your help in proofing this data would be greatly appreciated.
- An additional widget to subscribe to The Side Isle was added to the top of the right column.
- I added another photograph to the “smile” widget.
- The week’s updates for the family tree statistics and the number of The Side Isle visitor hits:
A special thanks to the following people for providing links, information, comments, suggestions and other contributions for this blog site during the last week.
- Everyone who stopped by The Side Isle this week.
I would like to make the following special requests for your help.
- There were a number of people that received a special email I sent out via WordPress to confirm your subscription to this blog. Please respond to the email as soon as possible.
- Do you have any vintage photographs or documents of anyone or place mentioned here in this blog? If you do then I would like to get a copy. We can try to make arrangements to have them duplicated.
- I’m particularly looking for photographs of my dad and my Newport grandparents and for Karen’s grandparents – Harmon, Beden and Huetteman.