The Week in Review for 17 Dec 2010
Fri. 17 Dec 2010. 8:26 am
Seven more shopping days until Christmas…have you given Santa your list yet?
What did we do and find out this week?
- We finally found out where “vrouwstraat” in Ghent really is.
- I started the first in a series of posts about my dad’s parents.
What’s planned for next week?
- Go back through my sources and see if anyone has been added to other people’s data.
- Continue to research the route from Ghent to Liverpool to Ellis Island and find out why Flavia had to travel that route.
- No new posts are scheduled
- I continued to clean-up data on The Side Isle secure website.
- Please remember this is a work-in-progress and, as such, there are a lot of inaccuracies and missing data. Your help in proofing this data would be greatly appreciated.
- I revised and removed a number of photographs from the “smile” widget.
- The week’s updates for the family tree statistics and the number of The SIde Isle visitor hits:
A special thanks to the following people for providing links, information, comments, suggestions and other contributions for this blog site during the last week.
- Antoine Verstuyft
- For providing the location of “vrowstraat”
- For letting me know some people were concerned about privacy issues with several of the photographs in the “smile” widget.
- Everyone who stopped by The Side Isle this week.
I would like to make the following special requests for your help.
- If anyone has any information or pictures of Odilon’s military service during World War I then please pass it on to me.
- If your picture is in the family-tree and you don’t like it then please send me one that you do like and I’ll replace it.
- Do you have any vintage photographs or documents of anyone or place mentioned here in this blog? If you do then I would like to get a copy. We can try to make arrangements to have them duplicated.