The Week in Review for 5 Nov 2010
Fri. 05 Nov 2010. 7:54 am
What did we do and find out this week?
My brother is visiting so I didn’t get much done this week. But he was great in providing a bunch of pictures he took while he was at Stephanie’s house.
- I posted a little about Flavia Maria Poelman place of birth on vrouwstraat.
- I found some interesting information that will be the subject for several future posts.
- I found a number of documents about
- When I came to America (twice) from Germany.
- Several passport applications for my father, grandmother and grandfather – including pictures – from the early 1900’s.
- Prisoner-of-war information about my grandfather, step-grandmother and step aunt.
- Information about my step-aunt and her family, the Agostinos.
- I looked over Robert Baker’s Newport Family website again to prepare for some future posts.
What’s planned for next week?
The next few weeks are going to be a bit more hectic. We are having some minor home improvements done and the work is scheduled to start this morning.
- More on the location where Flavia Maria Poelman was born.
- New posts scheduled are
- The area in Ghent where Flavia Maria Poelman was born.
- Revisit one of the older posts to see what has changed.
- Updated The Side Isle secure website.
- The week’s updates for the family tree data and the number of The SIde Isle visitors:
A special thanks to the following people for providing links, information, comments, suggestions and other contributions for this blog site during the last week.
- Kris Newport
- For providing me with photographs from Stephanie’s photo album.
- For his visit over the last couple of weeks. It sure was a lot of fun.
- Stephanie (Delcourt) Vogel
- For allowing Kris to photograph her photo album.
- Laury (Newport) Parrish
- For providing me with a picture of my dad.
I would like to make the following special requests for your help.
- If someone could find any information about Odilon’s WWI records, commendations or photographs. Maybe even take a digital photograph of the one picture where he is standing there in his uniform. Yeah the one that Aunt Louise has
- Do you have any vintage (pre-1975) photographs of the Delcourt family you could provide so that I can include them in future posts?
- Do you have any vintage photographs of the Marocco family – particularly when Joseph or Clelia were in their 20′s – you could send me?
- If you have already received access permission, please continue to update the Translations spreadsheet. Let me know if you would like to volunteer so that I can give you permission to access it in Google docs.