The Week in Review for 22 Oct 2010
Fri. 22 Oct 2010. 11:32 am
What did we do and find out this week?
- We found out a lot of new information about the Poelmans.
- The real name of my grandmother is Flavia Maria Poelman.
- Flavia’s mother is Marie Octavie Poelman who married Julius Constantinus Goens in 1904.
- Marie Octavie’s twin sister is Marie Léontine Poelman who has a daughter born in 1888 named Marie Flavie Poelman.
- Marie Léontine Poelman marries Franciscus Blancquaert in 1890
- We learned that Flavia Maria has an uncle Emiel Poelman.
- We found some of Odilon’s ancestors.
- We saw that Emiel Poelman came to America in 1910 through Boston in addition to Ellis Island in 1913.
What’s planned for next week?
- Continue researching information on Odilon.
- Continue researching the Poelmans.
- Continue to add and update the family tree for the secure website.
- New posts scheduled for next week are:
- Odilon’s mother and father.
- Flavia Maria Poelman’s actual birth certificate.
- Exposing the “Big Secret”.
- Added the manifest for the SS Saxonia in Boston
- 10 Aug 1910
- Line 16: Emile Poelman
- Added a picture of Paul, Odilon, Stefan, Flavia and Maurice.
- Updated The Side Isle secure website.
- I released a new design for the blog site.
- Added a Home tab to the page index below the blog site header.
- Added new links to The Gjenvick-Gjønvik Archives.
- Updated data and site statistics:
A special thanks to the following people for providing links, information, comments, suggestions and other contributions for this blog site during the last week.
- Mary Ann Cuccurello
- For the picture of Paul, Odilon, Stefan, Flavia and Maurice Delcourt.
- Antoine Verstuyft
- For the Poelman family tree.
I would like to make the following special requests for your help.
- Do you have any vintage (pre-1975) photographs of the Delcourt family you could provide so that I can include them in future posts?