What did we do and find out this week?
- We learned here were a lot of difficulties coming into America because of discriminations from the idea of eugenics as posted in “The Big Secret – Part 1“.
- We found copies of the Ellis Island manifest for Bertha and Florence Delcourt.
- Posted a little bit of information about Flavie’s family.
- We learned a little about the economy for southern Belgium’s Region of Wallonia.
What’s planned for next week?
- Continue researching information on Odilon.
- Continue researching about the Poelmans.
- Continue adding to and updating the family tree data for the secure website.
- New posts scheduled for next week are:
- More about the “BIG SECRET”.
- More about Flavie’s family.
- Beginning a series of posts on Flanders.
- Added copies of the original Ellis Island manifest for Bertha and Florence Delcourt.
- Added a genogram chart for Flavie.
- Updated the Translations page.
- Updated The Side Isle secure website.
- Added the Creative Commons licensing statement and link at the bottom right of every page.
- Revised the share icons and links below every post.
- Added the World Community Grid link. Please share your computer to do some important research – including cancer research.
- Automated the mailing list to send out new post announcements.
- Updated data and site statistics:
Persons Families Hits This Week 318 92 565 Last Week 305 86 528
A special thanks to the following people for providing links, information, comments, suggestions and other contributions for this blog site during the last week.
- Antoine Verstuyft
- Craig Gernaey
I would like to make the following special requests for your help.
- If someone could find any information about Odilon’s WWI records, commendations or photographs. Maybe even take a digital photograph of the one picture where he is standing there in his uniform. Yeah the one that Aunt Louise has.
- Do you have any vintage photographs of the Marocco family – particularly when Joseph or Clelia were in their 20’s – you could send me?
- If you have already received access permission, please continue to update the Translations spreadsheet. Let me know if you would like to volunteer so that I can give you permission to access it in Google docs.