What did we do and find out last week?
- I found new information about Marie Flavie Poelman and her family including her aunts, uncles, grandparents and great-grandparents going back to the 1500’s.
- I contacted a fellow in Belgium who is a related to us via Marie Flavie’s grandmother. He wrote me back and he has a lot of information that we did not have.
- I found new information on some of Odilon’s relatives going back to the early 1800’s.
- We learned about some of the history for southern Belgium’s Region of Wallonia.
What’s planned for next week?
- Continue researching the new information on the Poelmans.
- Researching the new information on Odilon.
- Continue adding to the family tree data for the secure website.
- New posts scheduled for next week are:
- More on the Region of Wallonia.
- The “BIG SECRET”.
- Beginning a series of posts on Flanders.
- I changed the title for the weekly review posts.
- I (again) re-arranged some of the right side and bottom widgets.
- Since I am starting to see visitors to the blog site coming in from outside of the United States I added a new widget that allows people to translate the blog site into several different languages. Go ahead and try it.
- New data and site statistics you might be interested in:
Date Persons Families 1 Oct 2010 305 86
- Visitor hit count:
Date Hits 24 Sep 2010 469 1 Oct 2010 528
A special thanks to the following people for providing links, information, comments, suggestions and other contributions for this blog site during the last week.
- Antoine Verstuyft
- Luke Delcourt
- Mary Ann Cuccurello
- Guy Etchells
- Pam Williams
I would like to make the following special requests for your help.
- If someone could find any information about Odilon’s WWI records, commendations or photographs. Maybe even take a digital photograph of the one picture where he is standing there in his uniform. Yeah the one that Aunt Louise has.
- Do you have any vintage photographs of the Marocco family – particularly when Joseph or Clelia were in their 20’s – you could send me?
- If you have already received access permission, please continue to update the Translations spreadsheet. Let me know if you would like to volunteer so that I can give you permission to access it in Google docs.