What did we find out last week?
- We found that Odilon’s father was named Gustave and his mother was named Florence Tylgat/Tylgall.
- We found another source that indicated Flavie’s mother’s name was Mary Poelman
- And that the witnesses were Mary Poelman (probably Marie Pommel/Pomelle) and Emil/Emiel Poelman.
- We made an assumption that Flavie’s mother, Mary, may have had a maiden name of Pommel/Pomelle.
- This would make Mary and Marie sisters which conforms with what I heard that our great-grandmother had a sister, possibly her twin. This information is still unverified.
What’s planned for next week?
- Continue researching the Gurnaey surname and what happened to Bertha and Florence.
- Review information I have done in the past regarding Newports in 1300 to 1600 England for future posts.
- Cleaning-up and adding to the genealogy data and update the secure website.
- Added a copy of the Detroit marriage register for Odilon and Flavie.
- Removed the People page, Family Tree page and all of the Descendant pages.
- Launched a new secure website that contains all of the family data and graphics.
- Purchased a new genealogy program.
- Re-arranged some of the right side and bottom widgets.
- Revised the email notification policy.
- Donation pledges remains at $400.
- We are up to 381 visitor hits from last week’s 282 hits.
A special thanks to the following people for providing links, information, comments, suggestions and other support for this blog site during the last week.
- Mary Ann
- Craig Gurnaey
- Richard Baker