Week of 9/5/2010 Review
Fri. 10 Sep 2010. 3:01 pm
What did we find out last week?
- We outlined what Flavie’s surname may have been and how it changed.
- Found out that Odilon was married to a woman in Belgium named Bertha and they had a daughter named Florence.
- Florence and Bertha Delcourt came to America in 1914.
- Bertha and Odilon separated and Odilon married Flavie in Detroit in 1919.
- As of the 1920 Federal Census, Bertha had married a man named Genitl Gernaey in Chicago. Florence still had Delcourt as her surname.
What’s planned for next week?
- Newly found copy of the original Detroit marriage register for Odilon and Flavie.
- Researching the Gurnaey surname.
- Updating the family tree with information on the Newports from 1600 England.
- Updated the Family Tree chart
- Added SS Finland manifest
- February 4, 1914
- Line 4: Bertha Delcourt
- Line 5: Florence Delcourt
- Re-arranged some of the right side and bottom widgets.
- Added a calendar widget to make it easier to see and jump to previous posts by dates.
- Revised the Contact form.
- Updated Pledges to $400.
- We are up to 282 visitor hits.
A special thanks to the following people for providing links, information, comments, suggestions and other support for this blog site during the last week.
- Mary Ann