What did we find out this week?
- Flavie and her mother Octavie Poelman came to America and went to Detroit in 1914
- The were a number of people with the surname of Poelman or Goens that arrived at Ellis Island
- Jules Goens came to America on the same ship as someone named Emiel Poelman
- Initial List of Persons
- RMS Olympic Manifest
- Arrived Ellis Island March 25, 1914
- Line 17: Octavia Poelman
- Line 18: Flavie Poelman
- RMS Mauretania Manifest
- Arrived Ellis Island December 12, 1913
- Line 7: Emiel Poelman
- Line 19: Jules Goens
What’s planned for next week?
- We will try to find out more about Emiel Poelman
- We are going to check out the people listed in the chart posted on August 18th